Update: gigs are back in music venues and music fans are returning - but we still need to be careful...
The government has said that we all need to take personal responsibility for each other’s health. That means our own - and that of others.
This is how our gigs and events will be working at The Georgian Theatre, Stockton and The Green Room, Stockton.
1. If you have any COVID symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has COVID, please do not come to one of our shows.
2. Some people continue to wear face masks; that's fine and we welcome that. If others choose not to, that's also fine. Let's respect each other's choices.
3. Please keep your distance. People may not be too comfortable getting up close for now - especially where masks aren't being worn.
4. Our cleaning systems will continue to be rigorous and we'll keep our hand sanitiser stations in place at various locations.
We'll continue to display our NHS QR codes at the front door and would ask you to keep checking in.
Our ventilation will be switched on each night in The Georgian Theatre and some doors will be kept open to allow a flow of air - apologies in advance if it gets a bit chilly.
5. We don't intend to operate a "passport" system immediately but our hand may be forced as government guidance changes - something already strongly being mooted by the Government.
Try and get ahead of the game, so if you can, get vaccinated - and consider taking lateral flow tests, before and after coming to shows.
...and remember, don't come to a show if you test positive or have any symptoms.
Please keep checking our up to date information.
The Georgian Theatre is run by local music charity, Tees Music Alliance. During tough times like these, we are relying on help and support from a range of organisation to keep doing our work to develop a thriving music scene for our area. If you can afford to make a contribution to our work, please consider making a donation HERE.
#staysafe #staysoapy #supportyourscene